Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Made in USA (i.e. not China)
I find it hypocritical that many manufacturers at the outset use the "Made in USA" marketing strategy in their products (i.e. anti-China), yet it's really just assembly that is done in the USA. Almost all electronic components, chips, DSPs, CPUs, GPUs, PCBs, etc are made in China or Taiwan.

This was definitely the strategy employed by Fractal Audio and Atomic Amps.  I remember reading this in the forums early on.  This was touted by the companies as well as the consumers.  Then slowly over time, they came to realize that they wanted more $$ -- both from a profit margin perspective as well as better supply.  Hence -- they all went to China!  Atomic CLR monitors are all made in China, and the latest AX8 will be made in China. It won't be long before the entire Fractal line is made there.  Which is fine. China makes excellent products -- almost all laptops, PCs, smartphones -- including Apple's iPhones -- are made in China. Few people realize this. There is no quality control issue. That lies with the parent company (usually US), so blame them for poor quality -- but not the Chinese.

It's the hypocrisy of using one marketing strategy (Made in USA), then switching and justifying it with something else. In the end --  it was the use of racial bias to sell products to increase profits. And then switch when that didn't work.