Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ibanez
I really like what this company is doing these days. I don't think there's any company out there with such a broad range of guitars, encompassing many styles (many of them modern and progressive) while hitting affordable price points.  As an example:
  • Ibanez: many metal guitars, 6,7,8 strings, traditional, vintage, as well as archtops -- traditional and contemporary
  • Fender and Gibson: no modern guitars or contemporary archtops. Focus on the highly lucrative (and idiotic) vintage craze
Here's a great example of an affordable, modern, contemporary archtop. The Ibanez AFC155 for only $999 USD. 
[Image: p_region_AFC155_JBB_12_02_en_1.png]

And here's the AS153 (also $999 USD) -- an ES-335-like guitar at 1/3 the price -- and some would say its equal:

[Image: p_region_AS153_AYS_5B_01.png]

Both guitars are made in China -- but don't be fooled. I have tried the AS153 and it played better and sounded just as good as a $3K USA-made ES-335. These are top-notch instruments at an incredible price.  Do the research online and ultimately try one for yourself.  You won't be disappointed.