Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRS for dentists
That's the joke -- that PRS guitars are meant for rich doctors, dentists, lawyers -- none of who can play.  So the joke is that Robben Ford is now a dentist!

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index....597/page-9

I find it enlightening that someone in that post mentioned PRS's reputation on TGP and their response was:

The good folks at PRS are well aware of that perception, which isn’t by any means exclusive to TGP. One day when I was visiting the factory to help my friend Eric pick out wood for a run of “Wood Library” guitars for his shop, we took a break to go through the office where I met various people. At the time I owned one of their ultra-high-end “Collection Series” guitars. The guy introducing me to (IIRC) the national sales manager mentioned that and added, “but he can actually play!” Laughter all around, although I admit it felt a bit awkward to me at the time.

So of course -- PRS know who their customers are! And freely admit many cannot play.  They know this. They cater to expensive bling to rich folk who are guitar posers and collectors. I have no problem with this. Rich folk can buy what they want. But don't believe them when they say the guitar is "the best," sounds "the best," etc. They can hardly play, so they don't know much about this.  They are not a credible guitar source to evaluate how good the guitar plays or sounds --  only how it looks and for status and bragging rights. On that subject, they have some credibility!