Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music Man Kaizen
7-string Signature for Tosin Abasi.  Very modern.  I like what they are trying to do and it fits with the modern theme.  Still not sold on the body shape though.

[Image: 483.png?1668527990]

With a $4K USD guitar and a Fractal AX-FX III, I kind of expected some better tones than in this demo. I am not impressed at all. And where is his great playing and virtuosity? I don't see that either. Do they think this would scare off customers?

Reminds me of the mediocre playing and tone from Robben Ford on his sig PRS.
And here's another demo by a great guitarist, but none of his exceptional playing, fast runs, etc. And the tone is mediocre again. The clean just sounds so dry, no character and shimmer. And when it distorts, it almost crackles. Who the hell is in charge of these demos? They are terrible.

Yet another terrible demo. I am sure this guy is good. But the tone is all mushy, fizzy, not tight, and not at all articulate. It doesn't demonstrate well the guitar at all. And where's the virtuosic playing? 

Listen to this demo by him on the Majesty. Huge difference, both sonically and performance-wise.